Hello again MolEcolers, Lets go for it! I will come round the offices and lab tomorrow – give me a shout if you definitely want to take part and I will come and find you ( S.Johnston@shef.ac.uk ).
There are 32 teams taking part; tournament starts on the 11th June and the final is on the 11th of July.
Entry to the Sweepstake is £2 : £1 will go the the prize pot, the other £1 will go to the UNICEF Unite Againt Aids Campaign, which strives for real and lasting change to protect the rights of children affected by HIV. You can find more information here.
– 1st place: £8
– 2nd place: £5
– 3rd place: £3
– Team with most goals conceded: £5
– Team with FIFA Best Young Player: £2
– FIFA Most Entertaining Team: £2
– Own Goal Prize Pot: £7
Further explanation: If someone on your team scores a goal for the opposite team, then you can win a share of this prize. There has been at least one own goal in every tournament since USA ’94. Anyone who saw Scotland v Brazil in France ’98 can understand that this is a subject very close to my heart… And anyone who saw Japan v England at the weekend knows what the Golden ticket could be 😉
– Teams will be selected by each participant AT RANDOM.
– No complaining if you get DPR Korea or New Zealand!
– First come, first served…
– No money, no team.
– Maximum of two teams per person.
– In the case of several teams tying for a prize, the prize will be divided between the winners accordingly.
– If you draw France, any winnings should go towards buying beer for an Irish person.
– Penalty shoot outs do NOT count towards goals conceded.
– If no own goals are scored during the tournament, the own goal prize pot will be added to our charity donation.
Good luck everyone!!