Hello everyone,we are advertising for fieldwork assistants on St Kilda for this Spring. If you know anyone who may be interested (friends? former students?), please let them know about this advert!
SOAY SHEEP RESEARCH – ST KILDA
We are currently looking for volunteers for this year’s Soay sheep Spring expeditions to St. Kilda, a group of islands 180 km off the coast of north-west
– Mortality searches
– Systematic daily searches to record the birth of lambs
– Catching lambs for tagging and identification purposes
• Must be available for the full period of one of the time periods stated
• Must be fit, St Kilda has a very demanding terrain; ability to run essential
• A background in Biological Sciences
Travel to the island will be by helicopter from Benbecula (Outer Hebrides) and the team will stay in cottages built by the original inhabitants of St Kilda (since restored by the National Trust for
If you wish to apply for this work please send: a CV with covering letter, contact phone number and details of two referees that can be contacted immediately by email.
CONTACT: Jill Pilkington