Career Coaching Partnerships
Do you find it difficult to consider your career options?
Do you never take the time to sit still and consider your next step?
Do you feel you lack the skills and knowledge to face the job market?
Do you want to be supported though the process of applying for jobs?
Whether you want to stay in academia or are exploring other careers, this programme could be for you.
Career Coaching Partnerships is a postdoctoral researchers support group for researchers considering their career prospects.
* Postdoc-led group
* Sessions facilitated by career professionals with extensive experience in supporting postdoctoral researchers.
* Eight two-hours sessions over four months.
///Benefits from the programme///
* Develop your network with research colleagues in similar careers situation
* Allow you to consider your career options and the next step for you
* Encourage you to take small steps, help you to be engaged and pro-active with the management of your career
* Share and gain knowledge about developing a career in academia
* Provide a framework for you to explore careers outside academia
* Help you to know where to look and find the right information
* Develop the skills and strategies to apply for the jobs you want
The strength of the programme lies in the benefit from peer-support through discussions and networking with other postdoctoral researchers.
The programme is designed to have a clear structure but facilitators will adapt and best tailor the programme to individual needs, expectations and constraints.
Open to Postdoctoral researchers from the Faculty of Science (places available for researchers from MDH and Engineering).
///Dates for the Programme///
Sessions held in the University House.
Session 1: 26th October
Session 2: 9th November
Session 3: 23rd November
Session 4: 7th December
Session 5: 11th January
Session 6: 25th January
Session 7: 8th February
Session 8: 22nd February
Registration via webform (access through following webpage) and further details for this programme with Dr Sandrine Soubes (email@example.com)
Before you register, please ensure that you will be available for all the sessions.
This is a unique opportunity with a limited number of participants and we need participants with a firm commitment to contribute to the group dynamic.